Driving down US-1 or A1A through Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hobe Sound, and Jupiter is a nice, scenic ride. Florida palm trees and beaches can be your destination while hitting the roads on the Treasure Coast when you’re involved in an accident that results in injury and damage. Common car accidents we see in Stuart, Florida are:
- Head-on collisions. These are one of the deadliest types of car accidents we see. Victims of head-on collisions, when two cars are hit, and the force of impact is the total of both vehicles’ speeds. Often, we see injuries like traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, internal organ damage, broken bones, and death. More than likely at least one victim will be seriously injured and both cars totaled.
- Multi-car crashes. Often called pileups, these types of accidents happen after two cars collide, causing a chain reaction. It is oftentimes hard to determine who is at fault in these situations. Claims for this type of crash can be difficult, long, and drawn out.
- Rear-end crashes. Probably the most common, and usually most minor accidents we see is when a vehicle hits another from behind because they were not able to react quickly enough. This happens during rush hour, stop, and go traffic, or when the driver at fault is not paying attention. These kinds of accidents often cause neck injuries and broken bones due to the force of impact.
- Side-impact crashes. We hear of these crashes often referred to as T-bones. This is when the car at fault is usually going fast, and they strike the victim’s car from the side. The occupants of the hit side are the ones who are at risk of injury the most. Broken bones, concussions, and sometimes death are common.
- Sideswipe accidents. These happen when one vehicle passes another and is too close, hitting the side slightly. This can cause the cars involved to swerve, head off the road, or into another vehicle.
- Single-car accidents. A common accident you may not think of when you picture car accidents is a single-car accident. This happens when the driver swerves to avoid hitting something or the weather makes conditions difficult. The driver is not always at fault when it comes to single-car accidents.
- Vehicle rollovers. Rollovers happen when the car is flipped over, sometimes multiple times, sometimes landing on its roof or side. These kinds of accidents can eject passengers in the process of the rolls and can result in serious injuries and even death. This is a common accident where a seatbelt is a saving device for victims.
Get Legal Help from a Stuart Car Accident Lawyer
Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney has been helping residents of the Treasure Coast and Okeechobee for more than 40 years. With a dedicated staff, each person who calls into the office will speak with an employee who has walked someone through your situation before. You’ll speak with our attorney firsthand, and we’ll help you get the compensation you or your loved one deserves.