Vero Beach Car Accident Lawyer
We Get You Max Compensation For Your Auto Injury Claim
Vero Beach, Florida is noted for having little traffic congestion thanks to its great road conditions. The majority of the city’s roadways are well-kept and provide plenty of room for movement. Traffic runs easily through the city, and there are rarely major delays or large traffic backups. During rush hour, though, you may encounter slight delays, but this is seldom a huge problem. Vero Beach, FL traffic is generally pleasant and acceptable.
Unfortunately, car accidents are inevitable, but, Vero Beach residents trust Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney to help them recover their financial losses. Mr. DeBerard was recently honored as the Treasure Coast’s Best Injury Attorney by TCPalm, with his maximum recoveries on behalf of South Floridians. The DeBerard firm has been standing up to auto insurers and defense teams for over three decades. We know how to handle injury claims to get the best outcome possible for our clients.
If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident in Vero Beach, contact Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney. You can consult for free, and you won’t have to pay us lawyer fees until we win compensation for you.
What Damages Can I Claim In My Car Accident Case?
Your life is greatly disrupted by a car collision, with painful physical injuries, skipped work, and a long list of medical bills. Often, people injured in a car crash don’t even see the full extent of their losses, and they end up accepting settlements that are much lower than they deserve. Worse, many car accident claimants are denied their compensation completely because they are up against insurers that are veterans in rejecting claims.
You may be able to claim for more than you realize. Here are different forms of damages you may be entitled to in a car crash case:
- Past and future medical costs – These can be a wide range of costs such as ambulance bills, treatment procedures and surgeries, prescribed drugs, doctors’ fees, outpatient care, and assistive devices like walking aids and wheelchairs. The costs vary depending on the kind of injury and its severity. It could be scrapes, lacerations, and skin burns, or it could be as major as a head injury or a spinal injury that needs to be operated on.
- Lost earnings and diminished ability to earn – Injured individuals are entitled under Florida law to claim damages for their missed salary or income. The reimbursement is meant to financially sustain the injured individual and their family while their injury and rehabilitation prevent them from working. In addition, the compensation should accommodate any reduction in income caused by the person’s reduced capability to work.
- Pain and suffering – On top of physical injuries, accidents cause immense pain and mental stress, too. It’s common for injured individuals to also suffer some kind of psychological distress such as PTSD, anxiety, or depression. These are compensable under the law. You may have the right not just to medical and financial damages, but to these less tangible non-economic damages as well.
- Adjustments for accessibility – If the accident led to a permanent disability that calls for accessibility options, you have the right to claim for these as well. With our in-depth know-how, we’ll assess the reimbursement you deserve for needed accommodations such as ramps, stairlifts, home renovations, and vehicle hand controls. We have decades of experience getting this compensation for clients with severe injuries to the spine, arms and legs, neck, and more.
Consult with Attorney DeBerard about the full financial recovery you deserve. We will be thorough and diligent in assessing the full impact of your injury, be it medical, physical, emotional, or financial. With Mr. DeBerard’s experience and skill, we can fight for your rightful compensation, protecting your claim from insurers and lawyers who will attempt to minimize the amount they have to pay.
When you choose the DeBerard law firm, you get high-quality legal service with family-like treatment while you’re getting back on track from your injury. Our committed attorneys will meticulously investigate the accident, discuss strategies with you, build strong arguments, and represent you in insurance negotiations and even in court if needed. Through all this, our entire team will help you with post-injury needs, communicate with you regularly, and help ascertain that get the medical care you need.
The DeBerard team is known for its genuine concern for clients. We accept each client as family, so we commit all we have to get them their full compensation and post-injury care. We can do this for you, too. Consult with us for free – call us today.
Car Accident Statistics: Vero Beach, Florida
Between Jan 1, 2020 and mid-August 2022 there were a reported 2,350 car accidents in Vero Beach, FL.
Of the 2,350 auto accidents 84% occurred in broad daylight and almost all of them
High speed, bad road design, inattentive driving, drunk driving, larger cars like SUVs that can cause more physical injury, the COVID-19 pandemic, and other factors are some of the many causes of these collisions.
The Florida Department of Transportation will make upgrades from Jasmine Lane’s southern area to north of Beachland Boulevard’s northern area, as well as improvements in intersections at various sites on Highway A1A and on the mainland along U.S. 1, to help increase traffic safety on the barrier island.
The road will be widened to accommodate a seven-foot buffered bicycle lane, the asphalt will be repaved and restriped, and a six-foot sidewalk will be built on the east or northbound side.
The increase in serious pedestrian and bike accidents is due to distracted driving as well as physical dangers and poorly constructed roadways. In-car technologies like GPS navigation, entertainment options, and integrated Bluetooth cell phone and text notifications, among others, are increasing the amount of distracted driving, finds a report released by the AAA Foundation.
Filing a Claim in Vero Beach: Florida Laws on Negligence and Accident Liability
To pursue compensation from the at-fault party, you’ll have to file a personal injury claim against their bodily injury liability policy. However, this comes with an eligibility requirement: you must prove that you have a “serious injury” to deserve a claim. What is the Florida definition of “serious injury”? According to Florida Statutes section 627.737, below are the types of injuries that meet the threshold:
- An important bodily function is permanently and significantly lost
- Permanent and significant scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent injury other than disfigurement or scarring
- Death (if victim’s survivor is filing the claim).
Once you’ve proven the seriousness of your injury, you must also establish that the person you’re claiming against was responsible for the crash and is therefore responsible to pay for your bills. In car accident claims, we do this by pointing at the person’s negligence – that is, they had an obligation to practice “ordinary care” on the road but failed this duty. Some common displays of negligence are drunk-driving, running a stop sign, speeding, and improper driving maneuvers.
In some cases, negligence can be clearly provable, such as if the driver who hit you had an excessive blood alcohol level at the time of the crash. However, not all cases are as clear-cut. In many intersection crashes, rear-end collisions, and multi-vehicle pile-ups, the fault needs more investigation and drivers have a chance to argue their position.
What’s more, Florida has a “comparative negligence” rule for accidents. Under this principle, your compensation could be lowered if the other party can establish that that you were also careless and partially at fault for the accident. Insurance adjusters and defense lawyers will take advantage of this rule if they can find any reason to point some blame on you.
With these laws in place, it’s easy to see that a skilled lawyer is important for your crash injury claim in Vero Beach. You need a personal injury attorney who can:
- Work with doctors to prove your injury’s severity
- Probe and find evidence to establish fault in the crash
- Craft solid arguments against every possible defense that the at-fault party may use
- Complete the paperwork and necessary procedures
- Navigate the Florida personal injury system to get the best result for you.
We are experienced in all these at the DeBerard injury firm. Not only do we pour our legal skills into your case. we also work with our network of physicians, specialists, and crash experts to strengthen your claim. You’ll get a top-notch team handling your case and updating you every step of the way, so you don’t worry about your case progress. When you entrust your claim to DeBerard, you can rest easy and shift your attention to your recovery, knowing your claim is in capable hands.
Contact Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney in Vero Beach Today
With a winning background in personal injury and a genuine heart for Florida residents, Attorney Philip DeBerard has been Vero Beach’s highly trusted car injury lawyer. Talk to the DeBerard law firm regarding your vehicle accident claim. Your first consultation with us is free, and you won’t have to pay us legal fees unless and until we obtain a recovery on your behalf. Call our office today at 1-800-299-8878.
Request A Free Case Evaluation