Stuart Car Accident Lawyer
Maximize the Recovery of Your Auto Accident Injury Claim
Stuart’s roads and traffic are generally easy to manage. The roadways are well-kept and major routes like I-95, US 1 and FL Turnpike allow convenient access to various cities around the state. Rush hour traffic can occasionally be congested, although it is usually rather low. Stuart also provides beautiful drives along its numerous rivers and streams. Overall, driving through Stuart is good with drivers arriving at their destination speedily and securely.
Unfortunately, auto accidents are inevitable, but, Stuart residents count on Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney for reliable legal help. Mr. DeBerard was voted the Best Personal Injury Attorney on the Treasure Coast by TCPalm, having obtained full settlements on behalf of many Floridians. The DeBerard firm has been fighting insurance companies and defense lawyers for over 40 years. We know how to handle injury claims to obtain maximum compensation for our clients. In order to fight the insurance companies, you’ll need a car accident lawyer in Stuart.
If you were injured as a result of a car accident in Stuart, FL, speak to Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney. You’ll get a free consultation, and you won’t have to pay us lawyer fees until we obtain a recovery for you.
What Damages Can I Claim In A Car Accident Case?
A car crash can greatly disrupt your life, with distressing physical injuries, missed work, and piling medical bills. Often, car accident victims don’t even realize the full extent of their losses, and they end up accepting settlements that are much lower than they are entitled to. Worse, many injured claimants have to deal with claim denials because they are up against insurers that are veterans in rejecting claims.
Your injury claim could be worth more than you know. Here are different forms of damages you can explore in a collision case:
- Medical expenses, both past and future – These can be a wide range of costs such as urgent care bills, surgeries and other treatments, pharmacy expenses, physicians’ fees, continuing care, and assistive devices like walkers and wheelchairs. Depending on your injury type and its severity, these costs will vary. It could be cuts, scrapes, or burns, or it could be as serious as a traumatic brain injury or a spine injury that needs to be operated on.
- Lost income and diminished ability to earn – Injured individuals are entitled under Florida law to claim compensation for their missed salary or income. The reimbursement is meant to financially sustain the victim and their family while their injury and rehabilitation prevent them from working. It should also accommodate any decrease in income caused by the person’s reduced ability to work.
- Pain and suffering – Beyond physical injuries, accidents mean immense pain and mental stress, too. It’s common for injured individuals to also suffer some kind of psychological issue such as PTSD, anxiety, or depression. These are compensable under the law. You may have a claim not just to material damages, but to these non-monetary damages as well.
- Accessibility needs – If your injuries led to a permanent disability requiring accessibility options, these could be compensated as well. We can assess the compensation you deserve for adjustments such as ramps, stairlifts, home renovations, and vehicle hand controls. We have successful experience winning this compensation for our clients who’ve had severe injuries to the spine, neck, leg, and more.
Full Financial Recovery After Your Stuart Car Accident
Consult with Attorney DeBerard about the full financial recovery you deserve. Our team will be thorough and diligent in assessing the full extent of your injury, from the physical and financial, to the mental and emotional. We can then pour our experience and skill to fight for your deserved and needed compensation, protecting your rights from insurance teams who will try to undermine it.
When you choose the DeBerard law firm, you get top-notch legal service as well as family-like consideration while you’re healing from your injury. Our committed attorneys will thoroughly investigate the accident, strategize with you, build strong arguments, and represent you against insurance companies and if needed, in court as well. Through all this, our whole team will assist you with your post-accident needs, communicate with you regularly, and help ascertain that get the medical care you need.
The Stuart community knows the DeBerard team as a genuine friend of the injured. Each client we work with is family to us, so we commit all we have to get maximum recoveries on their behalf. We can do this for you, too. Consult with us for free – call today. When you need a Stuart car accident lawyer, call DeBerard!
Stuart, FL Auto Accident Statistics
In Martin County, FL, there was a total of 8,113 reported crashes involving 20,584 drivers and their passengers, 115 bikers, and 69 pedestrians from July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2020. 52 people died in 49 collisions, 2,064 crashes which injured 3,051 people, and 6,000 accidents resulting only in property damage. The estimated overall cost of the damaged property was $44 million. The primary causes for the accidents were distracted driving, followed by alcohol, then drugs.
A driver under the influence of alcohol was a factor in over 25% of fatal collisions. There were five fatal tractor-trailer crashes on a rural route traveling at high speeds; and a motorcyclist was involved in thirteen deadly accidents.
This is why a third-party claim is a wise option for people who have substantial losses from accidents. A third-party claim means you are asking for compensation from the person who caused your injuries, as opposed to seeking it from your own PIP insurer.
Filing a Stuart Accident Claim: Florida Laws on Accident Liability and Negligence
To seek payment from the at-fault party, you’ll have to file a personal injury claim against their bodily injury liability policy. The first eligibility requirement for this is that you prove that you have a serious enough injury to warrant a claim. What counts as a “serious injury” in Florida? According to Florida Statutes section 627.737, the following are the types of injuries that meet the threshold:
- An important bodily function is permanently and significantly lost
- There is disfigurement or scarring that’s permanent and significant
- The person has a permanent injury other than scarring or disfigurement
- Death (if victim’s survivor is filing the claim).
Once you’ve proven the seriousness of your injury, you must also show that the person you’re claiming against did cause the collision and is therefore liable to pay for your losses. In car accident claims, their liability is established by pointing at the person’s negligence – which means they had a responsibility to practice “ordinary care” while driving but failed this obligation. Some common examples of negligence are running a stop sign, speeding, intoxicated driving, and making an improper turn.
In some cases, negligence can be clearly shown, such as if the driver was seen speeding just before they hit you. However, negligence is not always as apparent. In many intersection crashes, rear-end collisions, and multi-vehicle pile-ups, the fault is not immediately clear and negligent parties have a chance to dispute their liability.
What’s more, Florida accident law follows the comparative negligence principle. Under this principle, your settlement could be reduced if the other party can establish that that you were also careless and at least partially responsible for your own injuries. Insurance adjusters and defense lawyers will assert this rule if they see any reason to point some blame on you.
You Need a Skilled Car Accident Lawyer
Given these laws, it’s easy to see that a skilled lawyer is important for your crash injury claim in Stuart. You should have a personal injury lawyer who will:
- Work with medical and healthcare providers to prove your serious injuries
- Examine and gather evidence to show fault in the crash
- Craft solid arguments against every possible defense that the at-fault party may use
- Take care of the paperwork and necessary procedures
- Navigate the accident and insurance systems in Florida to find the best result for you.
We do all these and more at the DeBerard law firm. We not only use all our legal skills for your claim, we also coordinate with our network of physicians, specialists, and accident experts to bolster your claim. You’ll get a highly rated team handling your case and keeping you in the loop, so you don’t feel uninformed about how your claim is going. When you entrust your case to DeBerard, you can be more at rest and put your energy towards healing, knowing that capable hands are handling your claim.
Contact Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney in Stuart Today
With a successful track record in personal injury and a sincere heart for the Treasure Coast community, Attorney Philip DeBerard has become Stuart’s go-to car accident lawyer. Reach out to the DeBerard law firm regarding your car accident claim. You get a free initial consultation, and you won’t have to pay us legal fees unless we obtain a settlement on your behalf. Call us today at 1-800-299-8878.
Request A Free Case Evaluation