Palm Beach Gardens Car Accident Lawyer
We Fight For the Full Value of Your Auto Accident Injury Claim
The city of Palm Beach Gardens is crowded with travelers going to and from the region. The major highways in Palm Beach Gardens have many lanes and are kept in good condition. Due to tourists visiting important urban areas like Downtown at the Gardens or Legacy Place, traffic can be congested during rush hour and on weekends.
When a car accident inevitably occurs, Palm Beach Gardens residents trust Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney for reliable legal help. Mr. DeBerard was voted the Treasure Coast’s Best Injury Lawyer, with his maximum recoveries on behalf of South Florida residents. The DeBerard office has been standing up to insurance companies and defense lawyers for over 40 years. We are deeply familiar with how to handle injury claims to get maximum compensation for our clients.
If a car accident in Palm Beach Gardens injured you, call Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney. You’ll get a free consultation, and you won’t have to pay us lawyer fees until our firm wins compensation for you.
What Is Compensated In a Car Injury Claim?
A car crash can greatly disrupt your life, with awful physical injuries, skipped work, and piling medical bills. Often, people injured in a car crash don’t even realize their full losses, and they soon settle for amounts that are much lower than they deserve. Worse, many car accident claimants have to deal with claim denials because they are up against insurers that are well-resourced in rejecting claims.
Your injury claim could be worth more than you know. Here are different forms of damages an injured victim may pursue in a collision case:
- Medical expenses, both past and future – These can be a comprehensive list including ambulance bills, surgeries and prescribed treatments, pharmacy expenses, doctors’ fees, outpatient care, and assistive devices like walking aids and wheelchairs. The costs vary depending on the kind of injury and its severity. It could be cuts, scrapes, or burns, or it could be as major as a severe brain injury or a spine injury that needs to be operated on.
- Lost earnings and diminished ability to work – Injured individuals are entitled under Florida law to claim damages for their missed wages or earnings. The reimbursement is meant to financially sustain them and their family while the person is unable to work. It should also accommodate any decrease in income caused by the person’s reduced ability to work.
- Pain and suffering – Beyond physical injuries, accidents mean immense pain and emotional suffering, too. Many injured victims also suffer a type of psychological concern such as PTSD, anxiety, or depression. The law recognizes this. You may be entitled not just to medical and financial damages, but to these less tangible non-economic damages as well.
- Disability needs – If your injuries led to a permanent disability that calls for accessibility options, you have the right to claim for these as well. With our in-depth know-how, we’ll assess the compensation you deserve for needed accommodations such as home renovations (e.g. ramps and stairlifts) and vehicle accessibility features. We have decades of experience winning this compensation for our clients who’ve had severe injuries to the spine, neck, leg, and more.
Consult with Attorney DeBerard about the maximum financial recovery you are entitled to. Our firm will leave no stone unturned in assessing the full effects of your injury, from the physical and financial, to the mental and emotional. We can then pour our experience and skill to fight for your rightful compensation, protecting your claim from insurance teams who will attempt to minimize the amount they have to pay.
At the DeBerard firm, you get top-rated legal service with family-like treatment while you’re getting back on track from your injury. Our committed attorneys will scrupulously gather evidence, help you strategize, build compelling arguments, and represent you during insurance negotiations and even in court if needed. Through all this, our whole team will provide post-accident assistance, communicate with you regularly, and help ensure you’re getting the care you need.
In Palm Beach Gardens, the DeBerard firm is known as a sincere friend of injured claimants. We consider each client our family, so we strive hard to get full compensation and injury care for them. Learn how we can help you. Call us today for your free initial consultation.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL Car Crash Statistics
- In Palm Beach County, more than 175 individuals are killed in more than 27,000 car accidents a year on average. The majority of accidents in Palm Beach County left victims with non-life-threatening injuries.
- There are more than 500 accidents a year in Palm Beach County where drugs or alcohol are involved.
- There are tens of thousands of car accidents each year in Palm Beach County in addition to numerous motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian collisions.
- In Palm Beach County, there are more than 3,000 crashes involving commercial vehicles every year, hundreds of which result in severe or fatal injuries.
- One-fourth of all serious and fatal car accidents in Palm Beach County are the fault of young drivers and those under the age of 24.
Although these figures apply to the entirety of Palm Beach County, the bulk of accidents there take place inside the West Palm Beach city limits. However, the victim’s legal rights are the same wherever the accident occurs, and drivers can be held legally liable when they make mistakes that result in serious, life-changing, or fatal injuries.
Filing a Palm Beach Gardens Car Wreck Claim: Florida Laws on Accident Liability and Negligence
To seek reimbursement from the at-fault driver, you’ll have to file a bodily injury claim against their liability policy. However, this comes with an eligibility requirement: you must prove that you have a “serious injury” to warrant a claim. What is the Florida definition of “serious injury”? According to Florida Statutes section 627.737, the following are the types of injuries that satisfy the threshold:
- Permanent and significant loss of an important bodily function
- There is disfigurement or scarring that’s permanent and significant
- The person has a permanent injury other than scarring or disfigurement
- Death (if victim’s survivor is filing the claim).
Another requirement is that you must also show that the party you’re claiming against was to blame for the accident and is therefore accountable to pay for your losses. In vehicle crash claims, their liability is established by showing that the person was negligent – in legal terms, they had a responsibility to practice “ordinary care” while driving but failed this duty. A few common displays of negligence are running a stop sign, speeding, intoxicated driving, and making an improper turn.
Some forms of negligence are clearly established, such as if there is footage of the driver running a red light before hitting you. However, other cases can be challenging to prove. In many rear-ending crashes, intersection accidents, and chain-reaction pileups, the fault is not immediately clear and drivers have a chance to dispute their liability.
In addition, Florida accident law follows the comparative negligence principle. Under this principle, your settlement could be decreased if the other party can establish that that you were also careless and partly responsible for your own accident. Insurers and legal teams will assert this rule if they see any reason to put some blame on you.
Knowing these Florida laws, you can understand why an experienced lawyer is indispensable for your motor vehicle accident case in Palm Beach Gardens. You should have a personal injury lawyer who will:
- Work with doctors to prove your injury’s severity
- Investigate and gather evidence to establish fault in the accident
- Build robust arguments against potential defense strategies of the at-fault party
- Handle the paperwork and legal procedures
- Navigate the accident and insurance systems in Florida to reach the best result for you.
We do all these and more at the DeBerard law firm. Not only do we pour our legal skills into your case. we also coordinate with our network of physicians, specialists, and collision experts to support your claim. You’ll have a highly rated team working your case and keeping you in the loop, so you don’t have to be anxious about the progress of your case. When you give your case to DeBerard, you can be more at rest and put your energy towards healing, knowing that a reliable team is working for you.
Contact Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney in Palm Beach Gardens Today
With a track record of success in personal injury and a true heart for Florida residents, Attorney Philip DeBerard has been Palm Beach Gardens’s highly trusted car injury lawyer. Reach out to the DeBerard law firm about your auto accident claim. Your first consultation with us is free, and you don’t pay us legal fees unless we win a settlement on your behalf. Call us today at 1-800-299-8878.
Request A Free Case Evaluation