Port St. Lucie Personal Injury Lawyer
Port St. Lucie is home to beautiful beaches and other natural areas that make it one of the most pleasant places in the world to live. But it is also a place where many people are hurt because of their neighbors’ negligence or recklessness.
Car, truck and motorcycle accidents injure and kill far too many Port St. Lucie residents. There were 2,169 motor vehicle crashes of all kinds in St. Lucie County in 2011, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV). In the last five years, 2007 to 2011, there was an average of 2,279 vehicle wrecks each year in St. Lucie County.
Other accidents, like slip and fall accidents, accidents caused by faulty consumer products and medical accidents (malpractice) hurt many more St. Lucie residents.
The Port St. Lucie personal injury lawyers of Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney, understand the impact accidents have on the lives of the victims. We help Port St. Lucie residents recover compensation so they can get on with their lives when they have been hurt by someone else’s carelessness. We can help you, too.
Call our toll-free number today or submit our online form to schedule a free consultation about your case.
Our Port St. Lucie office location:
2400 SE Veterans Memorial Pkwy
Port St. Lucie, FL
Accidents and Injuries in Port St. Lucie
When you are injured or a loved one dies because of another person’s action or inaction (negligence), that’s not necessarily an accident. You may have a right to compensation for your losses, including medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering.
This applies to such accidents as:
- Car Accidents – Across Florida, 2,400 people died and 181,654 were injured in car accidents in 2011. In a serious motor vehicle accident, it is unlikely that an insurance settlement will cover all of the victim’s losses.
- Motorcycle Accidents – There were 8,621 motorcycle crashes in Florida in 2011. In these wrecks, 413 motorcyclists were killed and 7,194 were injured. Many motorcycle accidents occur because a driver “ didn’t see” the motorcycle.
- Truck Accidents – In 2010, there were 3,329 heavy commercial trucks involved in crashes in Florida, including 1,821 that resulted in personal injury and 58 that were fatal, according to the DHSMV. Wrecks involving tractor-trailers, which can carry up to 88,000 pounds of cargo, are more complex and can be more damaging than accidents involving only passenger vehicles.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Falls kill 26,009 Americans each year and are the leading cause of death, after injury, among elderly citizens, the CDC says. Unwarranted slip-and-fall accidents, which are addressed in premises liability law, are of particular concern considering the retiree population of Port St. Lucie and the Treasure Coast.
- Defective Product Accidents – Manufacturers are obligated to ensure that their products are safe or to warn of the risks they pose. Product liability law says that when they do not meet that obligation, and someone using a consumer product is injured or killed, the manufacturer can be held responsible.
- Medical Malpractice – Too many patients suffer injury and death at the hands of the medical professionals they have sought out for help. In areas with a large retiree population, like Port St. Lucie, it is likely that such injuries and deaths are improperly blamed on the patient’s age.
Contusions (bruises), lacerations (cuts), fractures (broken bones), head and traumatic brain injury (TBI), back and spinal cord injury (SCI), internal organ injury, soft tissue injury and loss of limbs (amputation) are some of the most common injuries to arise from these accidents.
Our Lawyers Are Committed to Helping Port St. Lucie Personal Injury Victims
Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney, has investigated personal injury and wrongful death accidents throughout the Treasure Coast since 1975. If you are a Port St. Lucie resident who has been injured through no fault of your own, we will strive to recover money on your behalf. We will always work hard to protect your rights.
We are available for appointments through our Port St. Lucie satellite office. To arrange a free review of your case, call us today at our toll-free number or take a moment to fill out our online form.
Request A Free Case Evaluation