Florida Amazon Delivery Van Accident Lawyer
Amazon is globally known as a vast e-commerce company with rapid delivery service. One of its offerings is the Prime Delivery service, enabling members to receive their packages within a day or even hours after placing an order.
The speedy dispatches by Amazon provide convenience to numerous online shoppers, including in Florida. However, due to the significant volume of shipments handled by Amazon, there is an increased likelihood of accidents involving their delivery drivers.
If you or someone in your family has been injured in an Amazon truck or delivery van accident, do not hesitate to call Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney today at 800-299-8878.
The Key Factors Behind Amazon Delivery Van Accidents
The following are some of the most common actions that contribute to accidents involving Amazon delivery vans:
- Delivery drivers reversing on the road when they overshoot a delivery location and need to backtrack
- Failure to comply with traffic laws
- Van drivers neglecting to yield while merging into traffic, particularly when exiting driveways
- Fatigued or drowsy drivers
- Failing to activate the parking brake during delivery stops
- Improperly loading cargo
- Neglecting or inadequately maintaining commercial vehicles
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Texting while driving
- Faulty equipment such as worn brakes
- Failure to conduct safety checks
- Dealing with larger blind spots
- Adverse weather conditions.
These accident causes should not be considered justifications for the resulting injuries, trauma, and financial hardships on victims. If you’ve suffered a costly injury or have lost a loved one in an Amazon delivery crash, don’t hesitate to learn about your rights and legal remedies. In Florida, attorney Philip DeBerard is ready to listen to you and provide sound legal guidance.
How Amazon May Avoid Accident Liability
Many of the delivery drivers that transport Amazon packages are not directly employed by Amazon. Rather, they work as independent contractors or employees of a different company, typically a local company that’s a third-party Amazon partner. Because the drivers are not Amazon employees, Amazon does not have direct control over the extent of training or experience they have.
Insufficient training and inadequate experience can result in driver mistakes and truck collisions. Some of these mistakes can be attributed to neglectful or reckless behavior. Neglectful driving includes driving while distracted, exceeding speed limits, and disregarding traffic regulations.
When one of these drivers gets in a crash, Amazon may be able to distance themselves from responsibility by asserting that the driver is not their employee. The multinational giant has repeatedly claimed in court that it is not liable for the actions of its contract drivers, particularly in an injurious accident.
This makes it much more difficult for accident victims to get fully compensated and achieve justice. If you are dealing with an accident claim involving an Amazon delivery vehicle, it’s best to have a competent attorney representing you.
Common Types of Injuries in Amazon Delivery Truck Accidents
Like other transport rigs, Amazon delivery trucks are typically massive and heavy, and their drivers must maintain schedules for prompt package deliveries. Consequently, accidents involving Amazon delivery trucks can result in severe injuries. The following are some frequent injuries in such accidents:
- Traumatic brain or head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Herniated discs
- Fractures, broken bones, and sprains
- Amputation and disfigurement
- Road rash, lacerations, and burns
- Cuts and bruises
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Wrongful death.
If you have been injured in an accident with an Amazon delivery vehicle, you may have concerns about supporting your family during your recovery. A distressing situation can get more difficult if your insurance coverage is insufficient to meet your medical expenses. The financial burden of your physical injury can be overwhelming, and you might possibly need a new vehicle if yours was destroyed in the accident.
Attorney Philip DeBerard specializes in Amazon delivery truck accidents and van crashes, and can assist you. Contact us today at 800-299-8878 for a complimentary assessment of your case.
Steps to Take When You’re Involved in an Amazon Delivery Van Collision
Right after an Amazon delivery truck accident, it is important to take steps to protect your rights and interests, and to establish a strong basis for your potential claims. Remember these essential points:
- Ensure everyone’s safety and call for medical treatment if needed.
- Document the scene, gather witness accounts, and obtain medical documentation for any injuries. This will help you build a strong case for compensation.
- Contact an Amazon van accident attorney. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Note that anything you say to Amazon or their insurance company can be used against you. It is best to have an attorney speak to them on your behalf.
Here are some additional tips for dealing with an Amazon delivery truck accident:
- Do not admit fault at the scene of the accident. Even if you think you may be at fault, it is important to let the police and your attorney determine that.
- Do not sign anything from Amazon or their insurance company without first having an attorney review it.
- Keep track of all your medical expenses and other losses. This will help your attorney calculate the amount of compensation you are owed.
If you have been involved in an Amazon delivery truck accident, it is important to act quickly to protect your rights. Contact experienced Amazon van accident attorney Philip DeBerard today to discuss your case.
Is It Possible to Obtain Compensation For Your Losses After an Amazon Delivery Van Crash?
If you have been hurt due to someone else’s negligence in an Amazon accident, you might be eligible to receive compensation for various aspects such as:
- Medical costs
- Vehicle damage and replacement expenses
- Medical rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Current and future lost income
- Other related costs.
The amount of compensation varies for each accident involving Amazon vehicles, making it impractical to determine an average settlement or judgment amount. To ascertain the compensation you rightfully deserve, a van accident attorney can conduct a comprehensive financial analysis and investigation.
At the DeBerard law firm, we can help maximize your compensation by exploring the many effects of the accident on your life. We’ll examine questions such as:
- Who or what was the cause of the accident?
- Are the injuries serious and long-lasting?
- What is the projected quality of life for the injured post-accident?
- Can the injured party resume work following their recovery?
- How much is the available insurance coverage?
Amazon typically maintains adequate insurance coverage for vehicles it owns. However, the process becomes more challenging if the liability solely rests with the local delivery company or the driver involved. Not all local delivery companies and drivers possess sufficient insurance, leaving accident survivors confused as to how to get their full compensation.
We acknowledge that no amount of money can completely eliminate the difficulties you are facing. However, seeking compensation may provide some relief from the financial hardships and serve as a form of justice. Moreover, having the assistance of an accident lawyer can alleviate the strain of the process, allowing you to concentrate on healing during this challenging period.
Contact an Experienced South Florida Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a family member has suffered injuries in an Amazon delivery van accident, contact a skilled personal injury attorney immediately. Philip DeBerard has the skills, experience, and tenacity to fight for the compensation you deserve following a severe Amazon delivery truck accident.
For a free consultation on your potential claim, please contact Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney today at 800-299-8878.
Request A Free Case Evaluation