Port St. Lucie Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers
The law firm of Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney, assists people seriously injured in accidents in Port St. Lucie and throughout Southern Florida. Call us toll free to speak with an experienced and caring personal injury lawyer or one of our qualified staff, or fill out our online contact form.
Attorney Philip DeBerard has more than three decades of experience handling Southern Florida vehicle accidents and personal injury claims such as misdiagnosis or lab errors. Civil trial work is his specialty and he takes pride in leading a dedicated team of lawyers, paralegals and staff who provide personalized service to clients.
Car, truck and motorcycle accidents injure and kill far too many Port St. Lucie residents. There were 2,169 motor vehicle crashes of all kinds in St. Lucie County in 2011, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV). In the last five years, 2007 to 2011, there was an average of 2,279 vehicle wrecks each year in St. Lucie County.
Other accidents, like slip and fall accidents, accidents caused by faulty consumer products and medical accidents (malpractice) hurt many more residents.
The Port St Lucie auto accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Philip DeBerard, understand the impact car wrecks and other types of accidents have on the lives of the victims. We help residents recover compensation so they can get on with their lives when they have been hurt by someone else’s carelessness. We can help you, too.
Call us today at (772) 287-7737 to schedule a free consultation about your case.
Accidents and Injuries in Port Saint Lucie, FL
When you are injured or a loved one dies because of another person’s action or inaction (negligence), that’s not necessarily an accident. You may have a right to compensation for your losses, including medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering.
This applies to such accidents as:
- Auto Accidents – Across Florida, 2,400 people died and 181,654 were injured in car accidents in 2011. In a serious motor vehicle accident, it is unlikely that an insurance settlement will cover all of the victim’s losses.
- Motorcycle Accidents – There were 8,621 motorcycle crashes in Florida in 2011. In these wrecks, 413 motorcyclists were killed and 7,194 were injured. Many motorcycle accidents occur because a driver “ didn’t see” the motorcycle.
- Truck Accidents – In 2010, there were 3,329 heavy commercial trucks involved in crashes in Florida, including 1,821 that resulted in injury and 58 that were fatal, according to the DHSMV. Wrecks involving a tractor-trailer, semi truck, 18 wheeler, which can carry up to 88,000 pounds of cargo, are more complex and can be more damaging than accidents involving only passenger vehicles.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Falls kill 26,009 Americans each year and are the leading cause of death, after injury, among elderly citizens, the CDC says. Unwarranted slip-and-fall accidents, which are addressed in premises liability law, are of particular concern considering the retiree population of Port St. Lucie and the Treasure Coast.
- Defective Product Accidents – Manufacturers are obligated to ensure that their products are safe or to warn of the risks they pose. Product liability law says that when they do not meet that obligation, and someone using a consumer product is injured or killed, the manufacturer can be held responsible.
- Medical Malpractice – Too many patients suffer injury and death at the hands of the medical professionals they have sought out for help. In areas with a large retiree population, it is likely that such injuries and deaths are improperly blamed on the patient’s age.
Contusions (bruises), lacerations (cuts), fractures (broken bones), head and traumatic brain injury (TBI), back and spinal cord injury (SCI), internal organ injury, soft tissue injury and loss of limbs (amputation) are some of the most common injuries to arise from these accidents.
Our Law Firm is Committed to Helping Port St Lucie Accident Victims
Philip DeBerard has investigated personal injury and wrongful death accidents throughout the Treasure Coast since 1975. If you are a resident who has been injured through no fault of your own, we will strive to recover money on your behalf. We will always work hard to protect your rights.
Call us today at (772) 287-7737 for a free case evaluation.
St Lucie County Resources
Port St. Lucie is a rapidly growing city in St. Lucie County. The population of Port St. Lucie was 88,769 at the 2000 census, but by 2009 the US Census Bureau estimated the city’s population was at 145,740. Port St. Lucie is at the heart of Florida’s Life Science cluster; and the city is home to several major bio-science research facilities: Torrey Pines Institute for Molecular Science, the Mann Research Center, Oregon Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and the Tradition Center for Innovation. Port St. Lucie is also an important Southern Florida tourist destination, boasting miles of pristine coastline, championship golf, and the opportunity to see a game at the NY Mets spring training camp.
Area Hospitals & Medical Centers
If you have been injured in a vehicle accident or at the workplace, you may need immediate and ongoing medical treatment. Hospitals and other major medical centers located in Port St. Lucie, Florida, or the surrounding area include:
- Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute
- St. Lucie Medical Center
- Martin Memorial Health System
- Martin Memorial South Hospital
As part of the professional and compassionate services we provide to clients, the law firm of Philip DeBerard, can work with physicians, hospitals and other healthcare providers to make sure that medical care goes uninterrupted while your personal injury, wrongful death or Port St. Lucie car accident claim is pending, and that includes taking into account the limitations you may have for the rest of your life.
Florida State Court System
Most jury trials in Florida take place at the circuit court. The circuit courts are courts of general jurisdiction, and most criminal and civil cases originate at this level. Those courts hear felonies, family law matters, civil cases (over $15,000), probate / guardianship / mental health, juvenile dependency and delinquency, and appeals from county court. Port St. Lucie belongs to Florida’s 19th Judicial Circuit.
100% Free Personal Injury or Auto Accident Case Consultation
Call us today at (772) 287-7737 for a free case evaluation and put our 30+ years of experience to work for you.
Request A Free Case Evaluation