I was very pleased and satisfied with my experience with Mr. DeBerard and his staff. They really cared about my case and it showed. They went above and beyond my expectations to achieve far more for me than I thought was possible. They explained the process every step of the way and were there for me from beginning to end. I highly recommend Mr. DeBerard and his staff to anyone who needs this type of legal assistance.READ MORE REVIEWS
Car Accident Lawyer in Port St. Lucie
Car accident victims often talk about how slowly the wreck happened. In reality, car crashes happen quickly. It’s the pain and suffering from injury or the grief over the death of a loved one in a car accident that lasts a long time.
Port St. Lucie residents are not immune from pain and loss in car accidents. The 2011 Florida Crash Statistics Report says there were 2,169 motor vehicle crashes of all kinds in St. Lucie County in 2011. From 2007 to 2011, St. Lucie County saw an average of 2,279 motor vehicle wrecks each year.
If you or a loved one is injured or killed in a car accident in Port St. Lucie or elsewhere in the Treasure Coast region, it’s important to contact an attorney without delay in order to protect your rights.
Our Port St. Lucie office location:
2400 SE Veterans Memorial Pkwy
Port St. Lucie, FL
How Do Car Accidents Happen?
We call car wrecks “accidents,” but it’s not always that simple. Usually, a car crash is caused by an identifiable error by one of the drivers involved. Often, the “contributing cause,” as law enforcement officers call it, is the product of a driver’s negligence or recklessness.
The 2010 Florida Crash Statistics Report (the most recent year the full report was published) cites contributing causes in motor vehicle crashes.
- Drunk / drugged driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Disregarding a traffic signal or stop sign
- Driving left of the center line
- Making an improper turn
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Passing improperly
- Changing lanes improperly
- Following too closely
- Driving with distractions
- Driving while distracted
Injuries in a Port St. Lucie Car Accident
A car accident can cause injury to virtually any part of a car occupant’s body. This includes impact injuries from the collision, cutting and tearing injuries from broken glass or sharp parts torn away from the body of the car, and crush injures in a rollover accident or if you are thrown from the car and pinned under or in between vehicles.
A car accident might cause:
- Head injury – A blow to the head or a piercing injury can harm the brain, an injury known as traumatic brain injury (TBI). Head injuries may also include eye injuries with vision loss, injuries to the ear with hearing loss, facial or jaw fractures, and loss of teeth.
- Neck and back injury – Whiplash, which can damage vertebrae, ligaments, disks or the spinal cord, is the most commonly suffered car crash injury.
- Chest injury – The impact of a collision can break ribs and/or the sternum (breastbone), or rupture the diaphragm, the muscle across the bottom of the rib cage that is crucial to respiration.
- Abdomen injury – The impact of a car crash can cause hip fractures or injury to internal organs, such as the liver, spleen and kidneys.
- Arm and leg injury – Car crashes often can cause contusions (bruises), lacerations (cuts) and broken bones in the legs and arms. Limbs, hands, fingers, feet and toes can be severed in a car accident.
After a Car Accident
How you react to a car accident can impact how it will affect you financially. There are several steps to take after a car accident, the most important of which are to remain calm and to get medical help if you need it.
If you or a loved one is injured, or if you lose a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, you may have a right to compensation for your losses and injuries.
When you follow the proper steps for filing an insurance claim after an accident, you may expect the insurance company to make things right. But an insurance company’s claims adjuster has a duty to his employer to provide the smallest insurance claim settlement possible after a car wreck.
In most cases, you’ll be better off if an attorney experienced with Florida car accidents advises you before you accept an insurance company’s settlement for a car accident.
Our Lawyers Want to Help Port St. Lucie Car Accident Victims
If you have been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need to stand up for your rights. Philip DeBerard, Injury Attorney, wants to help. Our mission is to recover maximum compensation for those in Port St. Lucie and throughout the Treasure Coast who are injured in car accidents caused by careless and reckless drivers. We’ll work tirelessly to recover money you deserve.
You can schedule a free case review through our Port St. Lucie satellite office today. Just call our toll-free number or submit our online form. We’re ready to get to work for you right away.
- Florida Traffic Crash Facts, Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles